Sunday, March 28, 2004

Viggo comments on Josie rumors (and talks about Henry)

Extract from the Chicago Sun Times 3/8/04 BY CINDY PEARLMAN

KING POP

It is good to be King and even better to be his son. Such is the case
with Viggo Mortensen's 16-year-old son, Henry, who logged time with
Dad on the set of "Hidalgo." "He visited when we shot the Wild West
Show in Montana," says the hunk who rarely talks about his personal
life. He will admit that his son is his hero. "He's always been sort
of an independent spirit. He thinks for himself, which I like. He asks
questions. What I really appreciate about him is he doesn't just
accept anything on face value. He's not rude about it either. What I
say or what his teacher says, well, he thinks about it." As for having
more kids, Viggo says, "Never say never." But he's realistic about
parenting. "A lot of people romanticize being a parent and go into it
without a lot of thought. It's a huge responsibility, something to
take seriously."

Forget rumors that he's about to get hitched to anyone despite the
names in bold face that have been linked to him. "I have no plans to
get married. But I wouldn't say I'd never do it." Also forget gossip
that he's dating British TV actress Josie D'Arby. "Not true at all,"
he says. "And it's really unfortunate that these rumors are out there.
Of course, I do understand that if you're part of a popular movie,
then things happen. She is someone I met at the London premiere of
'Return of the King.' She was introduced to me. I said, 'Hi, how are
you.' I introduced her to some other people and then I went home. And
she said, 'Oh, by the way, I might see you in Paris our next stop.' I
said, 'OK.' I never saw her again."

So how did this rumor get started? "The rumor obviously had to come
from her. And it's stupid because it gets printed everywhere and I'm
answering questions about it from people." He sighs and says, "If
that's what you need to do, good luck to you. It's just not a joke to
me. It gets into my life."

No comments: