Saturday, March 06, 2004

LOTR star Dominic Monaghan answers your questions

Here are your questions answered by Lord of the Rings star Dominic Monaghan.

Ali, Glasgow: "What's your favourite Merry scene from the trilogy?"

DM: "The scene where Merry explains to Pippin in the Two Towers that now they are on this journey and they can't turn back and their home is never going to be the same again."



Jenny Stubbs, Staffordshire: "Were there any scenes that other actors got that you would have liked to film yourself?"

DM: "Lots of Viggo's battle scenes, and I have always been in awe of Sir Ian Holm so to be in Elijah's shoes would have been great."

J, Hants: "Which famous person would you most like to discover had a LOTR cut-out of you in their home?"

DM: "Kylie Minogue or David Beckham."

Doz, Leeds: "In Hetty Wainthropp Investigates, you were my fave person on TV, so I was chuffed to bits to see you in LOTR! But would you ever consider doing Hetty W: The Movie?!"

DM: "I loved making the TV programme. It is close to my heart as it was my first job but I am not sure if I would do a movie."

Hannah, Sunderland: "Did playing a Hobbit for so long, with such a different and more innocent outlook on the world, have an effect on the way you view and live your own life?"

DM: "Totally. I think my soul woke up to a lot more world issues and environmental issues. The Hobbits are sweet and innocent and I hoped some of their qualities have made it into my life."

Richard Wiegold, Cardiff: "I was disappointed that Tom Bombadil wasn't in the films. I reckon he's a self-portrait of JRR, 'cos the Ring has no power over him and also he rescues Frodo from the Willow (as JRR 'saves' Frodo at Mount Doom). What do you think?"

DM: "I think it was not in the movie because it slows down the journey - there is no jeopardy for the Hobbits at that time and people would not have been very interested in seeing that on screen."



Arwen, Rivendell: "Did the whole of the cast really get on well together or were there any personality clashes? Also, do you have any behind the scenes gossip you can tell us?!"

DM: "We all got along splendidly and spent so much time together that we became family. We will always be connected forever as we shared this journey together. Everyone put their egos on the back burner because the films were the important things to focus on. We don't do gossip."

Blue, Lincolnshire: "How would u describe Merry's ideal woman?"

DM: "She would have to enjoy a good time, have a great sense of humor, enjoy throwing parties and have really hairy toes!"

Steph, Newcastle: "Are you pleased that you're now a character in a computer game? If you could have given your character any special power, what would it have been?"

DM: "I love the fact that I am a character in a computer game. I would have given him crazy acrobatic powers so he could be the Jackie Chan of Hobbits."

Rob, Essex: "What was your favourite book of your youth & if it were to make the journey to the big screen which character would u want to portray? Cheers."

DM: "Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory and I would love to have a part in the Tim Burton film - I would be Mike TV."

No comments: