Monday, February 09, 2004

Hey, Tab!

Played the Madlibs game. (You knew I had to!) Wonder of wonders, I kept it relatively clean. Here goes!

The filing cabinets at work were on the blink again today so your boss decides to give you a 4 hour lunch break until the filing cabinets are fixed. You decide to go ahead and have lunch at Damon's Bar & Grill. You hadn't noticed just how lonely it sounded to say 'Party of one' until now. Despite that, you slide sexily into the criminally insane booth while the greeter leaves you with a menu. You study it, quietly admiring the barbecued ribs and order it when the waiter comes by.
You lean your everybody else's butt back, take in a(n) dizzy breath, and close your eyes for what seems like only a moment. You can feel a swish of amber-colored air pass by you as the waiter scurries by. From behind, you can smell the scent of barbecued ribs being delivered to the booth behind you. In only a matter of moments, the smell of the barbecued ribs becomes stronger and is mixed with a hint of... Aspen. A delightful sense that someone is watching you overcomes you to the point where you open your eyes. Suddenly your spleen! nearly stops snickering, you immediately recognize the brown eyes staring down into yours and you know exactly who those eyes belong to.
Orlando Bloom is holding the plate of barbecued ribs and smiles, 'I think this is yours, I ordered the cheesesticks.' Awe struck, you exclaim to yourself, 'Meeeeow! it's Orlando Bloom.' but manage to hide your bewilderment under a calm exterior and you smile back, 'Yeah, it is.' Orlando nods then wildly and deliciously places the plate down on the table, 'I thought so. I heard you ordering earlier.' His left pinky toenail flushed slightly.
You practically trip over your words to say 'Thank you.' Orlando then puts his lips in his pockets and begins to lambada dance back to his booth when you stick your hand out to shake his. When he captures it and holds it against his own, you say, 'I'm Julie' He keeps your hand in his until he finishes saying, 'Julie, it's nice to meet you, I'm Orlando, but my you can call me Orli. All my friends do.' He tiredly releases your hand and you say, 'Hi Orli', and before you can stop yourself you hear your own voice saying out loud, 'Would you like to join me?' With a quick tickle Orlando slides into the opposite side of your booth and gives you a grin, I'd love to. You could feel that this lunch was going to be one of the best of your life.


Man, Orli must be damn flexible if he can stick his lips into his pockets!

Jules

No comments: