Thursday, April 22, 2004

Good News, Bad News

Jolie and Bloom on nudity
19 April 2004

You win some, you lose some – and today it's definitely one-nil to the gentlemen among the cinema-going public. Spontaneous all-male street parties began after Angelina Jolie
said that she has no problem with on-screen nudity, and will continue to appear nekkid when her films call for it – as indeed she does in Taking Lives, out on Friday.

"I reveal more of myself when I'm extremely open emotionally than when I've got my shirt off, " said the Oscar-winning actress. She has, however, said that she does not want to strip onscreen when her son Maddox becomes a teenager, which gives her about another 12 years, gentlemen.

Meanwhile, howls of disappointment from Orlando Bloom-loving ladies could be heard all over the country as the elfin star pledged not to "do a Ewan" and strip off for the camera. Talking about his latest film The Calcium Kid, Orlando said "I didn't want to show myself up in the film so I hired a personal trainer to get my body in shape. Then I was fine about taking my top off, but I definitely wouldn't walk around starkers. I'm not an exhibitionist!"

The ladies of the nation can take comfort from the fact that Orlando appears without his top on posters for The Calcium Kid at the moment, so we recommend that Bloom fans feast their eyes at bus stops and tube stations until the film comes out on April 30.

No comments: